[MUD-Dev] Re: Room descriptions

Koster Koster
Tue Sep 29 10:15:56 CEST 1998

Right now, UO is the only simulationist system going in the commercial
world. The others ready to come out are much more oriented around the
classic model, because the perception is that more people are interested
in what they call "roleplaying" (which is closer to being told a story,
really, not acting one out) than they are in anything else they might
do.

Now, I regard the simulationist aspects of UO as one of the key
successes in it; but I also don't think that going full-bore sim is the
right thing to do for the market.

-Raph