[MUD-Dev] Re: PDMud, Gamora and Casbah

Niklas Elmqvist d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se
Sat Oct 24 07:19:46 CEST 1998

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Bruce Mitchener, Jr. wrote:

> Has anyone looked at Gamora, http://php.indiana.edu/~scgmille/gamora.html or
> possibly Casbah, http://www.ntlug.org/casbah/ ?  Both of them have some
> ideas or features that may be interesting for those working on PDMud.

Took a quick look at it, and at least Gamora looks *very* close to what
*I* envision for PDMud. It uses a Bus architecture for passing messages
around and plugin objects which are handled by different threads, one for
each plugin. Still, what I personally envision for PDMud seems to be
different from what most people want from it. Fair enough; I am not going
to play difficult :)

(Small voice: I still want to do it O-O. Wanto! Wanto!!! :)

>  - Bruce

-- Niklas Elmqvist (d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se) ----------------------
  "The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to
   pray to."
		-- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods