[MUD-Dev] Re: evil - good realism

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 24 03:28:45 CEST 1998

On 22 Oct 98, quzah [sotfhome] wrote:

> It is my belief that for a great deal of it, good and evil is more of
> a "view". Something is only evil if those around you and/or on the
> recieving end view it as so. (Take the crusades, and the freaks that
> bomb buildings.) Perhaps your method of asigning good and evil should
> take into account your peers before adjusting the good/evil-ness.

You can code a mud world to implement a relativistic or an absolutist
view of good and evil.  Since many muds are fantastic by nature, it
would be mainly a thematic decision.  You could even implement a
mud universe where your good alignment score is keyed to the number
of abortions you perform.  Or you could model reality.  Whatever
floats your boat.

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--