[MUD-Dev] World Persistence, flat files v/s DB v/s ??

Sun Mar 22 19:40:58 CET 1998

[Gret Munt:]

:Any hints and tips on this third choice? References? Web sites? (Good) Books?

Even though this is a followup to my post, I think I'll cop out here. I'm
not a good researcher, and most of the stuff I did is many years ago when
I was still in school. For recent stuff, I'll defer to folks on the list
who are way more up-to-date than me.

My database experience: dBase-II on CP/M, SPIRES on a mainframe, and some
Ingres stuff for a university course. Then I wrote a small sort-of
relational system on CP/M, but it is pretty primitive compared to the
commerical ones of today, so isn't worth me trying to dig it up.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA