[MUD-Dev] what's fun?

Mike Sellers mike at bignetwork.com
Tue Jun 16 10:53:23 CEST 1998

Here's a point that was raised recently in another discussion, and that I
thought might interest people here: Part one is, what is your succinct yet
broadly-applicable answer to the question "why do people play on your mud?"
or alternatively "what sorts of play are you trying to reward on your mud?"
 Part the second is, "what do you do to maintain/enforce this?" =20

What is it that we consider "player fun" after all?  Does it all come back
to Bartle's suits?  And how do we react when two players' otherwise valid
forms of "fun" collide?  This is the essential player-management task of
any admin/wizard/customer-service-type person.  I'd be interested in how
people address this in their games. =20

--

Mike Sellers=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Chief Creative Officer=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 The=
 Big Network

             =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Fun=A0=A0 Is=A0=A0 Good =20