[MUD-Dev] MetaVoice, MetaFont

Fri Jan 30 22:18:13 CET 1998

[KaVir:]

:Having said that, proper speech on a graphical mud is IMO far better than
:text coming up on the screen.

The key is for it to be fully comprehensible, to virtually all potential
players (well, it should be nearly as many as can understand the written
text). Since early Amiga systems came with speech synthesis software, I
used it in AmigaMUD. Unfortunately, Commodore didn't own it, and didn't
keep up with the license, so the technology is quite old. The net result
is that the two simple speech things I put into my scenario are mostly
incomprehensible, and the whole feature is pointless. Avoid repeating
that experience!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA