[MUD-Dev] The impact of the web on muds

Koster Koster
Tue Jan 6 09:57:33 CET 1998

On Thursday, December 25, 1997 7:56 AM, Mike
Sellers[SMTP:mike at online-alchemy.com] wrote:
> it is entirely possible that there are now more people playing
> graphical MUDs than text ones; and if there aren't now, there will
be in a
> year.  Unbelievable?  Far fewer people play text muds than you
probably
> think... and I'll go out on a sturdy limb and predict that there
will be at
> least 250,000 people playing graphical ones within a year.

Oh my, that's very conservative. :) There will be that many within six
months, I expect. I can't discuss exact figures for UO but from
publicly available information regarding M59, DSO, Realm, and UO, it's
possible to arrive at a figure that is already around 125,000 at
least.

-Raph