[MUD-Dev] Wild west (was Guilds & Politics)

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Tue Jan 6 09:36:10 CET 1998

JC Lawrence wrote:

[skipped]

> > If there is a difference between the log available to users and to
> > the mud administrator, that may become important as users discover
> > ways to evade time machine probes, in the sense that they will ask
> > the administrator for the information that is missing in their log.
> > This may not be a problem, but I was under the impression that you
> > wanted to avoid it :)
>
> Agreed.  My only solution is not to publicise the ability, and to make
> it well known that its is labour intensive (framing an exact query in
> any DB language can be a bitch) when it is discovered.

Just a side note: I've been thinking about making the price of any
actions directly proportional to the amount of time the system spent on
their execution, whatever the context.

You can make life harder when your server suffers from the peak loads
(and force users to   spread in the time :-))

And the everchanging environment is achieved without any conscious
efforts :-)

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>