[MUD-Dev] Re: (fwd) New MUD software wanted?

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Tue Oct 14 10:24:28 CEST 1997

On 11/10/97 at 09:42 AM, "Felix A. Croes" <felix at xs1.simplex.nl> said: >>
This one looks interesting:

>I had a look at it.  As a mud server, it is about 1% done.

True.  The design principles he selected are however a curious batch.  An
odd mix of hacking things up wholesale with a meat cleaver, and delicate
finesse.

>Does anyone have a list of actually usable new code releases over the
>last two years?

I'm aware of only a couple JAVA bases, AeMUD, and the recent upgrades to
ColdX.  "Usable" is of course an arguable point.  I rather fancy CoolMud
as still the most usable of anything that's out there.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net