[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Todd Lair tlair at mailzone.com
Mon May 19 20:29:12 CEST 1997

[On 05/16/97 Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> said]

>> >One other idea I've been toying with would be to keep track of who
>> >attacked a mobile.  An attack would be anything that was intended to
>> >result ultimately in the mobile's demise.  Upon the mobile's death, each
>> >player who successfully attacked the creature would receive an EQUAL
>> >amount experience.

>This has been done before, of course.  End result is that people would
>walk around attacking tough mobiles and immediately fleeing.  Some time
>later a big party would go to take out the mobile and the first person
>would get a large cut of exp for doing very little.

Valid point.  I was going to only award the players that were in the room
at the mobile's death and who contributed.  However, I do think I'm going
to go with what other's suggested on this list by simply awarding exp to
group members equally instead of keeping a list of attackers bound to the
mobile.

tlair at mailzone.com