[MUD-Dev] "From Kansas to Oz"

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Jun 11 22:13:53 CEST 1997

At 09:32 PM 6/11/97 PST8PDT, JC Lawrence wrote:
>In <3.0.2.32.19970610230934.00a1665c at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/11/97
>   at 09:05 AM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
>>At 06:49 PM 6/10/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>
>Uhh, Jeff, attributions please?
>
>>>True.  They are probably the (near?) first to add a GUI drag'n'drop
>>>development environment to a MUD, let alone also adding an online
>>>interactive GUI debugger in the same system.
>
>>Ahem.
>>I wrote MUDEDIT, a JAVA based interactive browser/editor/debugger for
>>COLD a year ago.
>
>Right, and while MUDEdit does use a GUI to display text windows, its
>not really a GUI product.  In Sun's case they created a fully GUI

(lots of other good stuff abotu OZ deleted.)

Not claimign it was.  In fact OZ had BETTER doa whoel heck of alot more
since I wrote mudedit in 2 weeks worth of train rides.

I just raised an eyebrow at the "first MUD debugger".

I'm not sure I agree with the distinction btw code lebvel and lib level
though.  I see little real distinction. MUDEDIT requried a few fucntiosn on
root, and a single object it talked to.  Thats it.

JK