[MUD-Dev] The reality of constant combat??

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Thu Jun 5 16:13:58 CEST 1997

At 08:12 AM 6/5/97 PST8PDT, Adam Wiggins wrote:
>[Jeff K:]
>> >I do not distinguish any
>> >differences between player killing and NPC killing.  There will be
>> >in-game consequences to both situations.
>>
>> In-game how? Are you saying that you are building into the game system
>> negative consequences of negative behavior?  Personally, I think this is
>
>Game world, not game system.  Here's the difference.

Well i follow you but I kind of disagree.  Its a querstion of presentation
not oif functionality, and whether it is part of the game system or part of
the world design it is all just "the game" to the players.

Thinsg justified by world design are a bit prettier and mroe elegent, but
IMo thats the only reaol difference, at least as perceived by my market.