[MUD-Dev] Combat and Roleplay

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Jun 5 14:30:56 CEST 1997

In <3.0.32.19970604214254.00a0283c at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/05/97
   at 08:04 AM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>But if at any time anywhere an asshole with significantly more exp
>then you can jump you and kill you, thats NO control, right?

Only if that is not the defined control structure in the game.  Player
structures on the order of, "Do what I tell you to do or I will kill
you," are overly simplisitic, but do work.

>When was the last time JC had to tell this list to clam down over
>something? :) :) :)

Quite.  I try to moderate a little more subtley than that the rest of
the time.  If I'm good, you'll never notice what I'm doing.  Its only
when I really screw up that I end up having to stomp my virtual foot,
pout and whine.

NB. I used to moderate one of the noiser FIDO echos, as well as a
couple programming conferences on RIME.  Tried to moderate ILink's
C-Lang but got beaten out by the better man.  Generally this means
that I actually know nothing about this sort of thing, but like to
think I do.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com