[MUD-Dev] Life

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Tue Jun 3 18:19:24 CEST 1997

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:23:23 PST8PDT, Jeff Kesselman
<jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:

>>Deleting the character would have been unconscionable. in-game actions,
>>in-game consequences --
>
>Hmm.. I've heard this postualte before but I've never heard a good
>justificatio nfor ity, so here I disagree.  A judge who has a problematic
>player in his game, who remains a problem over a reasonable epriod of time,
>he just throws out.

My justification for it is in-game rationale. I recall playing a game
once where a character came into a bar and proceeded to harass the rest
of the people there. The logical consistency of the situation demanded
that something in-game happen to resolve it. What was actually done, and
I was not fond of this, was the player was kicked offline and a staffer
walked in to say "X is gone now. He won't be rejoining us. Carry on."