[MUD-Dev] Resets, repops and quests

Huibai ashen at pixi.com
Tue Jun 3 18:18:53 CEST 1997

: From: clawrenc at cup.hp.com
: A standard solution for me would be:
:   Go steal an Orcish body.
:   Walk into the Orc village unassaulted.
:   Find the shaman.
:   Steal his body.
:   Take the egg.

What was the story on why players have this ability?
Is it all players?  Are they super-beings using earthly
bodies like chess pieces in a cosmic game?  Or are
they Queens for hive-like parasites?  What's your
excuse? :)

Mine is that only RPers get this ability (one one body
per, I'm afraid :-\) - since that would ruin many of the
quests, I think, if it were as easy as the above.  Or is
there a formidable power struggle involved in stealing
a body?

I've only heard pieces about your creation and would
like to hear some more...
-John