[MUD-Dev] Git out the boar spear, Martha!

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Wed Jul 2 07:26:26 CEST 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Chris Gray wrote:

> Hmm. That may work with a number of prey species, but it clearly isn't
> going to work with trying to hunt a horse! Probably not a buffalo either.
> I was going to suggest that it wouldn't work with anything that massed
> much more than a human, but I seem to recall that it works not bad for
> elephants and giraffes. Interesting.

Don't forget, men are faster than horses over short distances, because
horses have more legs to sort out! <big grin & duck>

I suspect that actually hunting a horse would be quite difficult (and
fairly unlikely, unless it was the only food around). Of course, they
don't really have the "thick skin" of the boar, and shooting it from afar
might be an option. The method seems pretty sound from the little research
I've done though.

Now to work all this in so they generate appropriate skins/tusks, etc. :)

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"He can't stop us, we're on a mission from Glod!" - Soul Music (Pratchett)