[MUD-Dev] You, the game of philosophy.

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 27 14:23:12 CET 1997

On 18 Dec 97 at 22:43, Marian Griffith wrote:
> On Wed 17 Dec, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> > Yes indeedy.  I would say that around 90%+ of the muds that I have seen
> > that advertise themselves as role-playing muds do not fit in with my
> > conception of it.
>
> The upshot of which probably is  the (illegal)  heralds of valdemar mud
> where the heralds where actually were required to go rampant in a kill-
> ing spree.  Anybody  familiar with Mercedes Lackey's novels  would know
> how totally absurd the very idea of this mud is.

This is something to keep in mind for those attempting themes from
novels.  It's easy enough to turn off the fans of the books and likely
harder to please them.  I've been thinking of trying a Wheel of Time mud.
I wonder if I should play the mud first or read the books first? :)

--
Jon A. Lambert
"Everything that deceives may be said to enchant" - Plato