[MUD-Dev] Re: META: FAQ: Location, etc

Sauron dlove at kusd.kusd.edu
Sat Dec 13 23:08:16 CET 1997

Matt Chatterley wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 s001gmu at nova.wright.edu wrote:

[snip]

> > Name: Greg Underwood
> >
> > Occupation: Foole  :P  Student, primariy, Simulation design Co-Op to pay
> > the bills. (as a side note, I am probably one of the younger members of
> > the list, weighing in at age 23)
>
> I'm also a student, but waiting on return from my university application.

Which university would that happen to be?

> I think I can claim the accolate of youngest, since I am only 18 (I feel
> older, if that counts!)

I rarely divulge my real age over the i-net because I have found as much
as people say that they acknowledge all ideas based on their own merit
instead of the "experience" (which I have sadly found is almost always
considered proportionate to age not actual experience) I have not been
take seriously in some circles. I think I can claim the title of
youngest being of age 15 (16 in April).

My personal interest in mu*'s started with the "ow, wow, I want one of
those" comments. As I actually began to take my own MUD's creation
seriously I started to collaborate on other projects and really get into
C and some of perl (the perl came from an in-the-browser MUD named
ROCK). Currently I am taking a set of structured courses on C (though I
tend to have more fun doing the "learn by hacking" method).

-Sauron