[MUD-Dev] Alignment

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 11 00:06:13 CET 1997

On 10 Dec 97 at 13:37, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:
> Adam Wiggins wrote:
>
> > Heh.  I guess you missed the long thread about alignments; most people
> > couldn't figure any good way to fit absolute good and evil into a mud at all.
>
> Well, I couldn't find the thread in last two months - November folder
> contains 194 unread messages, thread names don't tell anything about
> that - can you please remind me the thread name?

This thread spans the late August/early September archives and is
appropriately named "Alignment".  The viewpoints ranged all over the place
with strong opinions as to it's usefulness or not.

> My model has the relative G-E alignment instead of usual absolute - to
> be brief, 'alignment communities' which have different views one at
> another - see the detailed description at the project pages (below). I
> believe that this way it's much more realistic than an absolute
> alignment.

Of course you could check out the r.g.m.a. thread Alignment, where I
attempted a spirited, but pigheaded attack, on relative value systems vs.
absolute value systems.  Of course it has very little to do with muds. ;P

--
Jon A. Lambert
"Everything that deceives may be said to enchant" - Plato