[MUD-Dev] New Columns at Skotos

Shannon Appelcline shannon.appelcline at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 23:24:07 CET 2006

This month we've added two new columns to the Skotos Articles
Archives, after going into a state of partial hibernation previously.
They're:
Perspectives, by Sam Liu, and Lessons from the Live Team, by Sandra
Powers. As usual all our columns are available here:
http://www.skotos.net/articles

Perspectives is written from the point-of-view of a web game designer.
It looks at why some games work and others don't. The first column,
"Game Developers Flourish", studies the developer-to-gamer ratio in
the world of the web.

Lessons from the Live Team covers the post-release world of MMORPGs,
and is written by a member of the live team from Asheron's Call 1. The
first column, "The Message", introduces the concept of live teams, and
how most of the development of a modern MMORPG comes after the
release, not before.

We've now got new content scheduled 1-2x a week, and we're looking for
volunteers interested in writing new columns about game design,
development, playing, or anything else. If you interested in either
writing a series or a one-off, let me know.

Shannon