[MUD-Dev] Custom Client or Plain ole' Telnet?

The Arrow arrow at pileborg.org
Fri Sep 30 01:59:55 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 06.04, Sean Howard wrote:
> "Matt Chatterley" <matt.chatterley at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Speaking of which, if anybody knows of any MUDs that do this, let
> me know. I know it's possible in theory, but I can't think of any
> MUDs off the top of my head that do it. I'm specifically thinking
> of MUDs that allow both full text and full graphical clients).

Chris Gray does this in cgmud by using two sockets. One for a binary
custom protocol (capable of simple graphics), and one for telnet
text- only connections.

On a sidenote, cgmud is the only public mudserver I have seen that
handles telnet negotiation properly.

cgmud can be found at http://www.graysage.com/cg/MUD/CGMud/

/ Joachim