[MUD-Dev] Attack System

Dhiego Ramos dhiegorp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:52:32 CEST 2005

On 9/8/05, Tony Hoyt <gmtonyhoyt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The only reason I ask is, why use dice when you can just use flat
> percentage. Use it along with floating point numbers as well to get
> more flexability. Dice are easy to understand and allow for nice
> whole numbers to be used but we're talking about computers doing all
> the calculations, why use magic 'dice'?

Hi Tony, Thanks for the idea ...

Well, the game is just in the begining of the development process,
so every rule writed may change soon... I will research some other
algoritms to find the best way to do what I need. I know that using
a dice based system will cause some slowness in the server
(depending on the number of users and actions executed by them).

Thanks a lot for the idea and sorry about my bad english!

Dhiego.