[MUD-Dev] Effort to produce a quest

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Sat Nov 26 21:54:36 CET 2005

Damion Schubert wrote:

> Instead, try to subdivide your experience in some way.

Thanks, now I see where you're coming from.

> Different strokes for different folks.  It took me a long time to
> realize that I don't like quests that fork because I'm a
> completionist - I want to see ALL the content, I don't want to be
> forced to have to see only half of it - the funny writer might
> have written the OTHER half!

I often find myself trying to complete every quest and investigate
every nook too. However, forcing/coaxing players to do the same
ultimately diminishes their range of choices. Given my current plan,
I assume that players that want to "see it all" will need around
four characters, although schedule constraints might reduce this
number.

Does anyone know/guess what the breakdown in player personalities
w/respect to "personally compelled to try every path" is?

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au