[MUD-Dev] DGN: Starting with Nothing (Requests for Resources)

Otis Viles otis.viles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 23:06:33 CET 2005

<EdNote: There were several posts recommending Eclipse.  On is
likely enough.>

For Java, I recommend Eclipse for editing and debugging. It's
available from eclipse.org, it's free, and it's good.

I still browse TMC and avoid mudmagic, but it seems like all of the
good talk is happening at www.mudlab.org now. It's smaller but it's
staying on topic a lot more then TMC does these days. The focus
there is pretty much on dev.

If you've already got a Linux desktop set up or are planning to set
one up, I've heard some OK things about KDevelop as an IDE for
C/C++, but I've never used it myself. I'm afraid my idea of an IDE
is still bash and vim. :-)