[MUD-Dev] DGN: MMOG Game Economies

Christopher D. Chapman chris at steelanvilstudios.com
Tue Nov 1 01:03:02 CET 2005

I'm a recent addition to this list, so you'll have to excuse me if
there's been substantial coverage of the MMOG economy topic.

I'm pretty much of the firm belief that a scaling system of 'pay for
training' that links xp to gold will help create a single currency
(instead of the two) and solve all of the issues around the rampant
inflation in these games.  i've written up a moderately brief piece
evolving from a bit of stream of consciousness rambling.

  http://www.writely.com/View.aspx?docid=3Dac6vt6kwbxtj

as i have tremendous respect for many of the opinions on this list,
i'm fascinated to hear what you guys (and girls, of course) think
about it and whether or not it's been done.  seems to make sense to
me and i'm currently building a game based on it.

tho, if it's a dumb idea, by all means, please tell me before i get
to beta= !

chris.