[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: The game with a thousand faces

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Sun May 8 16:18:22 CEST 2005

Mike Rozak wrote:

> I've been thinking some more about alternative virtual world
> genres, and decided to try a different approach to hopefully find
> some yet-undiscovered genres.

>  - Adventure games - Instead of content centred around killing
>  monsters, include content with lots of puzzles.

This is a large part of what Alternate Reality Games are about, with
the added bonus that they centre more on using "real life" as the
delivery mechanism rather than "a frustrum-clipped 3D projection of
a low-fi semblance of another world" as the delivery mechanism.

More to follow on ARG's as soon as I have time...in the meantime,
you could start by looking at the Cloudmakers, and then the
Unfiction forums.

Adam M