[MUD-Dev] secured mud connections

Ammon Lauritzen ammon at simud.org
Thu Mar 10 21:05:36 CET 2005

I have recently gotten TLS support to work on my LDMud lib (thanks,
Lars) and have been investigating other drivers to find out to what
level they support secured connections.

At present, I have been unable to find any major mud driver other
than LDMud and any major client other than TinyFugue with support
for this feature. So, I have been contacting the dev teams of other
codebases individually to find out their thoughts on the subject
(sorry if you've already heard from me).

The question is this, who out there actually cares? Who is
implementing encryption features on their game connections?

I doubt I need to preach the virtues of such things to this crowd,
but am curious if anyone else is concerned. Nobody with half a brain
uses vanilla telnet for their remote logins any more, and any good
webmail site uses https, why should muds be any different?

--
Ammon Lauritzen
http://simud.org/