[MUD-Dev] Castle Marrach Comic released under Creative Commons

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Fri Jun 24 08:45:50 CEST 2005

Five years ago I produced an online game at Skotos called "Castle
Marrach", that is still quite unique and different then most. One of
the most interesting facts about Castle Marrach is that it played by
more then 60% women (one of my players thinks it may even now be as
high as 70%).

One of the principles of the game play of Castle Marrach is
storytelling, and one of the unwritten mottoes is "By thy deeds thy
will be known". So I'm following both and have produced a
professionally illustrated comic book based on the game called
"Castle Marrach: Awakenings" and I've released it with a Creative
Commons license.

The free online version of the comic is at
http://awakenings.marrach.net or you may purchase a printed copy at
http://www.cafepress.com/marrach.24202314 -- a press release at
http://www.skotos.net/about/pr/06212005.html

The author of the comic has written a column about why we've
released it as Creative Commons at
http://www.skotos.net/articles/TTnT_170.phtml and it was just
blogged in the Creative Commons Blog at

-- Christopher Allen