[MUD-Dev] Blog about GDC implies changes to MMORPG population

Tony Hoyt gmtonyhoyt at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 17:24:48 CEST 2005

--- Amanda Walker <amanda at alfar.com> wrote:

> No game except for Second Life (which is arguably not a game)
> supports "real" crafting, though.  Most MMORPG crafting has about
> as much "craft" as putting nickels into a soda machine and
> pressing the button.

Well then, I beg to ask what defines real crafting in such a scope?
While most MMOG's do enforce a limitation on what players can
create, some at least give a decent sence of working on something to
and end result.  Although like it's been said, it perhaps resembles
more manifacturing then crafting.

Tony

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu