[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: WoW quests and content

Damion Schubert ubiq at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 29 05:11:33 CET 2005

Mike Rozak wrote:

> In player-rant sites, WoW players often claim that its quests and
> content are much better than other MMORPGs, especially in
> comparsion with EQ2. (I havent tried EQ2 yet.) I don't understand
> why WoW players think its quests/content are so superior. (See
> below). Does anyone have any opinions about why players think
> WoW's quests are better than other MMORPGs?

I actually blogged about this just today.  My general response is
that they convince the player base that quests are the best way to
advance, and then used the quests to send you across the world to
fight/do different things.  While it's still a grind, the pattern
breaking that's occurring here dramatically reduces the tedium of
what's going on.

  http://www.zenofdesign.com/index.php?p=205

--d