[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: WoW quests and content

Johan A asteroid at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:51:11 CET 2005

Mike Rozak <Mike at mxac.com.au> wrote:

> What am I missing? (Perhaps I'm missing some quest/content-design
> subtlety.)

Because the game is build on doing quests it will also attract
players who like this type of gameplay and they will in turn love it
and praise it, claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread. The
quests make for poor replayability though since once you have done
the quest with one character it will be the same with your other
characters as well.

Quest's make life easy in terms of it's is your guiding light. There
is always one more to do. At the end of the day it's just a grind in
disguise and I would have to say I prefer standing in one spot for 4
hours just grinding instead of spending time running around from
quest to quest, knowing it's a never ending story. Maybe I am just
stuck in the old grind mentality learned in AO ;)

- Johan