[MUD-Dev] [bus][des] Anarchy Online and the free MMORPG...

Douglas Goodall dgoodall at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 06:08:34 CET 2005

Vladimir Cole wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:02:00 +0000, ceo <ceo at grexengine.com>  wrote:

>>  Well, that was a quick tour of the biggest glaring problems. If
>>  anyone's interested (and I get time) I'll follow this up with a
>>  quick tour of some of what AO does really really well.

> I'm interested. Please do. I enjoyed the write-up of what was
> wrong, though I have to wonder how many of your performance issues
> are unique to your own hardware/software situation. Not that I
> have any evidence to the contrary, it just sounds too horrendous
> not to have been made a priority for the development team.

Anyone who plays AO will experience this and sometimes worse. Even
so, the game is usually fun and playable (when I played AO, I saw
some kinds of lag as an opportunity to go AFK). As a player, EQ2's
framerate and WoW's queue annoy me just as much.

I assume it is a priority for the developers, but they cannot fix it
(either they lack the talent/personnel or it is a low-level problem
which would amount to a complete re-write of the client).