[MUD-Dev] Attractive Grouping (Was: Focus vs. Scope)

Ling Lo linglo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:40:22 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:22:23 +0000, cruise <cruise at casual-tempest.net> wrote:
> P J wrote:

> So what of problems need to be overcome?

>  - Time to group
>  - Lumped with bad team-mates
>  - Communication is awkward or too fiddly

On a bit of a tangent, I often found grouping didn't allow for
taking breaks, so I couldn't go to the toilet without announcing to
the entire group that, quite frankly, my bladder was full.  A guild
I was in included a mother who would play then every now and then
had to stop the whoever she was grouping with to take care of her
baby.  I think I spent hours just watching at whatever graphics the
mmorpg had to offer until some far away baby was content.

If would be nice if grouping allowed for slacking, and lots of it,
without disrupting the other players from doing whatever.

Ironically, Planetside actually allowed me to take breaks because of
the sheer disorganised nature of the game. :)

Cheers,
Ling