[MUD-Dev] Bartle receives IGDA "Frist Penguin" Award

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 14:29:15 CET 2005

On 24 February 2005, Raph Koster wrote:

> Congrats, Richard! Well deserved!

Thanks!

Forgive me for not saying something witty yet self-effacing, but if
I did then I'd have to think of something else for the acceptance
speech.

> I believe that makes two online world awards in this category,
> since Randy & Chip got one a couple of years ago.

That's right, they did. They were the first first penguins, and I'm
the fifth first penguin.

The press release itself includes a quote from me: "The fact that
MUD's have a direct connection to the imagination is what hooked
thousands".  I'm pretty sure I didn't say that apostrophe; it must
be my English accent.

		Richard