[MUD-Dev] On grouping, thoughts

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Sat Feb 12 19:27:33 CET 2005

Jeff Freeman writes:
> John Buehler wrote:

>> And so on.  Actually, why hasn't anyone interfaced their game
>> with an existing chat system, or integrated a Trillian type
>> system? Reliability?  Licensing issues?  Technical issues?

> Patent issues.

[link snipped]

Thanks for the link.  I included "licensing issues" specifically for
this reason.  If Yahoo were included into a game through licensing
instead of reverse engineering, I would think that Yahoo (or another
chat system) might actually embrace the move.  Surely Yahoo would
like to have the additional visibility.

JB