[MUD-Dev] On grouping, thoughts

Peter Harkins ph at malaprop.org
Wed Feb 9 20:09:43 CET 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 04:04:08PM -0500, Douglas Goodall wrote:

> One thing I would find very useful, if there was some way to
> ensure it's accuracy, is a "directory" of avatars--the games they
> used to play and where they are playing now. That way, if I wanted
> to find a particular friend or group of friends on-line, I could
> do so more easily than running into them by accident.

This is a planned feature of Acatery.org, the site I'm building
about muds that I've mentioned a few times here. As no one ever
expressed an interest in the site, I've left it on the
backburner. If anyone would be interested in helping out (especially
if they know PHP), I could have a registry running within a few
weeks.