[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: WoW quests and content

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Tue Feb 8 22:48:40 CET 2005

Edward Glowacki wrote:

> I agree, doing quests makes levels just fly by (at least the
> levels I'm working on right now, 10-20).

Don't worry. That ends in the late 30s/early 40s.

> - The quest difficulty and thus reward level (XP-wise) change as
> you advance levels, and this is very clearly indicated in the
> quest log by the quest name changing colors.  Also, especially
> difficult quests are marked with (Elite).  Thus you know if you're
> not ready for a quest yet, or if the quest is something you
> shouldn't bother turning in because it's too low level and you
> won't get much XP for it.

For the first 30-40 levels what you just said is spot on. For some
stupid reason, the rules change post 40 and that makes no sense at
all. The system WORKED. Why not stick with it? See my other post
about this for more details.

--
Michael Hartman
President and CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.