[MUD-Dev] WoW and humor

Mike Oxford szii at sziisoft.com
Wed Feb 2 20:55:37 CET 2005

Amanda Walker wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2005, at 5:19 AM, Dread Quixadhal wrote:

>> the occasional surprise and quite a bit of humor buried inside.
>> I got a chuckle from the nurse mob named "Michelle Belle", which
>> I'm hoping is named for the Beatles song.  I laughed my a** off
>> when I encounterd the Fearbot 4000 mechanical harvester in the
>> human farmlands.

I have to point out that if you haven't ever played a gnome/dwarf,
it is quite imperitive to start one, get to level 5 and go
visit/watch the dwarven mortar team.  Just follow the newbie quests
which will lead you right past them.

That little tidbit/show, right there, sold me on the game and caused
me to shut down my EQ2 account (I was sick of the kill-locking
anyways.)

While you're watching the show, note the AC/DC reference.  The game
is full of, as pointed out, the pop-culture references and IMO it
makes me wonder what else I "don't get" and don't even know that I'm
= missing... =20

-Mike/Szii