[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: WoW quests and content

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Tue Feb 1 13:29:34 CET 2005

Michael Hartman wrote:
> cruise wrote:

> You used that acronym, OTT, twice without either time saying what
> it meant.  Could you share the meaning with us? Thanks. :)

Whoops, my bad. I assumed it was a well known abbreviation.

> <EdNote: OTT == Over The Top, a British colloquialism that refers
> to items that are gauchely but often amusingly excessive.>

Excellent definition.

This is pretty much what superheros have been about from the
start. "Faster than a speeding bullet! Able to leap buildings in a
sinlge bound!" etc. etc.

CoH re-inforces that idea. As an example, one of the first powers
for a fire blaster is fireball, an AoE (area of effect. just in case
:) attack with a suitably big explosion and flame effects. The
fireball itself is almost as big as a normal human, or at least
/feels/ like it.

Having that impression of power at your finger tips so early helps
immersion wonderfully. You feel like you are a hero.

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"