[MUD-Dev] DGN: Random questions about griefers

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Sat Aug 27 01:31:09 CEST 2005

While trying to think of defences, another question popped into my
head... In windows, is there an easy way for a MUD server to connect
to a pop server and send an E-mail. I know that MAPI will do it, BUT
(as I recall) MAPI requires a user on the machine to manually type
in the pop server. If my server is located half way around the
world, this would be difficult.

Tess Snider wrote:

> I have never found a reliable way to block griefers for good.
> Every technique has its own flaws.  Short of requiring people to
> buy thumbprint scanners (a technique which can also, in theory, be
> gamed), you're always going to have trouble keeping past griefers
> from coming back.

I was toying with the idea of using speaker identification, but I
found ways around that too, even if you make the speaker read
randomly generated phrases every day.

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au