[MUD-Dev] DGN: Random questions about griefers

Michael Hartman mlist at thresholdrpg.com
Fri Aug 26 20:17:47 CEST 2005

Mike Rozak wrote:
> Peter harkins wrote:

>> This would help by cutting down the number of IPs we'd need to
>> ban to ensure a griefer stays away. Proxy detection is a matter
>> of making a connection back to their IP on well-known proxy
>> ports. I believe blacklists do exist, though I haven't really
>> looked into it.  > Do you know of anyplace on the web that has
>> more detail about this?

I am curious about this as well. Being able to detect connections
via proxy would be incredibly valuable. We wouldn't prevent them
outright, but it would be very helpful in finding griefers to at
least know who was using a proxy.

--
Michael Hartman, J.D. (http://www.thresholdrpg.com)
President & CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.