[MUD-Dev] DGN: Random questions about griefers

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Wed Aug 24 03:54:46 CEST 2005

Peter harkins wrote:

> As a small mud, we've dealt with the problem by toading
> griefers. Toaded players can use all commands as usual except no
> one but them sees the output. To them it will appear that every
> say, snip...

I suppose I could even put them in their own private instance, or an
instance populated by griefers. Don't people realise they've been
toaded and just create a new user account?

> If we were larger, I'd want to detect and block proxied
> connections.

How would this help exactly? Is that people who are griefing go
through proxies so their ISP can't be contacted? I assume that to
identify a proxy server you just keep a blacklist of their IP
addresses?

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au