[MUD-Dev] Marketing Resources?

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Wed Apr 20 19:16:43 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:16 AM Michael Hartman <> wrote:

> Are there any good resources out there for enhancing one's
> understanding of marketing in the gaming business?

Your question depends a lot on what kind of product you are desiring
to market. If it is a niche product, I'm sure that the members on
this that are involved with one of Skotos (Castle Marrach, Lovecraft
Country etc.), Near Death Studios (M59), Three Rings Design (Puzzle
Pirates), Linden Labs (Second Life), Worlds Apart (TEC, Lord of the
Rings Online Trading Card Game, Star Chamber TCG, etc.) can give you
some good advice. This advice would differ greatly from someone
trying to do the next World of Warcraft.

-- Christopher Allen