[MUD-Dev] Marketing Resources?

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Tue Apr 19 16:16:28 CEST 2005

One area that most game developers lack training and experience is
in marketing. This is unfortunate since it is such an extremely
important aspect of any successful project. We all know of great
games that languished in obscurity because of poor marketing, just
as we know of mediocre games that succeeded due to brilliant
marketing.

Are there any good resources out there for enhancing one's
understanding of marketing in the gaming business?

Are there any individuals or organizations that are good contacts
for marketing advice or consulting?

Any other suggestions, input, and discussion on this subject would
be valuable.

--
Michael Hartman
President and CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.