[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Mini-VW contenst

Mike Rozak Mike at mxac.com.au
Wed Apr 6 23:57:03 CEST 2005

Douglas Goodall wrote:

> Does Neverwinter Nights count?

> I've seen similar contests in other genres (Iron DM, 24-hour UT
> levels, etc), but not for VWs.

I totally forgot about NWN. I've never tried to see how customizable
it is, but it is certainly multiuser.

I have also seen a lot of in-progress open-source MMORPGs
advertised. They would be good starting points, except their
development seems stall around the "allow PCs to wander around the
hilly/treeless landscape" phase, which is only 5%-10% of the way to
completion. (Some commercial MMORPG attempts don't get much futher.)

Mike Rozak
http://www.mxac.com.au