[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Matt Mihaly matt at ironrealms.com
Tue Sep 21 21:27:51 CEST 2004

Vincent Archer wrote:
> According to Matt Mihaly:

>>> That's all. I always had a good reason to kill them.

>> Why is killing a mob in order to fulfill a quest to get xp a
>> 'good reason' but skipping the middle bit and just killing a mob
>> to get xp not a 'good reason'?

> If you still hope for some semblance of meaning from the last
> three letters of "mmoRPG", then yes, having a good reason to kill
> a mob is important :)

May as well just drop the RPG from all the big graphical muds then,
as there is little to no roleplaying going on in them. I submit that
RPG has become a distinct term in its own right and has nothing to
do with "roleplaying" anymore. When Dungeon Siege calls itself an
RPG, I feel safe saying that.

--matt