[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Corey Crawford ccrawford at seventh.net
Fri Sep 17 21:57:22 CEST 2004

Vincent Archer wrote:

> I was having a discussion about the problems of most MMORPGs, past
> and announced (until cancelled, that is), and it came to the
> levelling process.

<snip>

If you are going to such lengths, why not take out levels
altogether? Why can't a character be "powerful" because of how it's
played instead of what level the character is?

Nay sayers will, of course, say that it's not longer an RPG if you
don't have number-based advancement.. but I digress.

--
  Corey Crawford
  ccrawford at seventh.net