[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

brian at thyer.net brian at thyer.net
Fri Sep 17 20:35:20 CEST 2004

Devin Smoth <devin.smoth at gmail.com> wrote ..

> I think that you are right. It would have to have that dynamic
> system of quests. That would perhaps take away the fun of
> replaying the game once you have gotten to the top and want a new
> character. The game would be very predictable.

Well I think that's where a hard working dedicated staff of GMs and
DMs comes into play.  GMs and DMs in the traditional table top role
playing sense.  People who can and do create storys and adventures.

Of course that requires a lot of staffing and money...not to mention
the possibility of extra tools that would need to be developed for
these G/Dms to do their jobs efficiently...nor to mention the amount
of skill and expertiese they would need to possess.

But, if you could manage all of that, you'd have a very dynamically
changing and exciting MMORPG with constnatly changing stories and an
overall evolving plot that makes the player feel like the world
really is changing with them on a (minimum of) Month to Month basis.