[MUD-Dev] Decision making...

Ola Fosheim Grøstad olag at ifi.uio.no
Tue Sep 14 17:31:36 CEST 2004

"Mike Rozak" <Mike at mxac.com.au> writes:

> At its core, monkey behavior is not that different from human
> behavior. Perhaps fairness is built into our genes so that those
> individuals that do not play by "the rules" (which are ultimately
> beneficial for the group) end up being ostricized by the
> group. Such rule-breaking individuals sound a lot like "griefers"
> to me.

Uhm... I thought weak individuals tend to be squeezed out... There
is nothing fair about mother nature..?

> A further question arises: Are griefers attracted to VWs because
> they are semi-autistic or sociopaths that have already been
> ostricised by their current tribe/clan in the real world?

Well, I see at least as many assholes in the traffic as in VWs. Not
only do they break the law, the real law, they also put my life in
danger, real danger.

Yes, I believe many people who have problems seek comfort in virtual
worlds, but... having problems doesn't make you a sociopath. Some
"sociopaths" have rather excellent social skills, you know:
manipulative people, social engineers, even plain criminals.

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/