[MUD-Dev] PHP Mud

Jones, Channing Channing.Jones at Thinking-Networks.com
Thu Sep 9 16:26:47 CEST 2004

Hi MUD-Developers,

I'm interesting in writing a basic MUD in PHP for my already
established email game world called Mysticora:
http://www.mysticora.com.

I envision a very simple style of MUD where, at first, you can move
around cities and building (and dungeons) just to explore and meet
other players to chat with them. Short reactions times (outside of
chat mode) would not be needed because you would more or less be
just looking at "fixed settings" and there would be no combat (not
in the initial version at least).

Would you suggest using an existing code base or writing from
scratch?

Do you know any other PHP programmers that would be interested in
this project. We could make it open-source.

Bye,

Channing Jones
(CJ Games)